BECOME A VOLUNTEER
Are you interested in becoming a Volunteer?
We want to hear from you
Lives depend on it!
Warren County Department of Fire and Rescue Services is a combination fire and rescue system
supported by approximately 125 active volunteers and a career staff of 32. We cover a total land area of 213 square miles.
Benefits of Becoming a Volunteer
HOW TO JOIN
1. Decide which Station is the best fit for you. We encourage all volunteers to join the station located closest to their home. This allows for prompt response time even when members are away from the station. We do recognize there may be instances where some would like to volunteer at stations outside of their “first due” based on work location, membership of colleagues, or opportunities offered. We are happy to work with you to determine which station your membership would benefit both yourself and the people of Warren County.
2. Contact that Station to Receive an Application. Visit the Station you decided on and request a tour, ask questions, and receive an application. Another option to this step is to contact our Recruitment and Retention Coordinator at email@example.com and have your information passed directly to the station to contact you.
3. Submit your Application. After completing your application, return it to the station. Make sure all information necessary is complete, including fingerprinting. Ask questions when returning your application to be clear on the process for gaining membership. Typically, applications are read and voted on at the Monthly Membership Meetings.
4. Attend New Volunteer Orientation. This required course is held on the first Tuesday of every month from 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Perspective members will learn about what to expect as a volunteer, training requirements, and benefits. This course may be taken before you have applied for membership, or even decided on a station, and should be completed before becoming a member. To register for an upcoming Orientation, go to our Events page.
5. Vote from Membership. After your background check and fingerprint results have returned to the department your application will be shared with the membership of the station for a vote. If the vote is in favor, you are now a Probationary Member. The requirements for Probationary Membership vary by station; make sure you are aware of the specific requirements during this time.
6. Congratulations! You are now a member of Warren County Department of Fire and Rescue. You will now receive member benefits and training. Members are required to complete Healthcare Provider CPR prior to responding to calls, in addition to your station requirements. New members are encouraged to participate in our Emergency Medical Technician Academy and/or Firefighter Academy as it becomes available. Welcome to the Brotherhood/Sisterhood of Fire and Rescue!
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-636-3830.